October 5, 2014

My New Sketchbook

I have gone through some very uninspiring sketchbooks lately, and I thought it would be nice to have something that would make me want to work harder at my drawings. Then I saw this tutorial on youtube, and thought "I can do that!". As it happened, I had bought a pad of watercolour paper in London for very little money, but I´m not that happy working from a pad, particularly when I´m sketching away from home, because I never know what to do with the finished drawings. There is something so aesthetically pleasing - and organized! - to have the drawings in a book; perhaps because I am a book lover.

I was quite happy with it, considering it is my first attempt. I may have bound it a bit hard, but the thread may stretch.
We´ll see. 

I glued parts of the pad cover to the back book cover,
to remember what paper I used.

I was a bit nervous about the knot, but it seems stable enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment